It has been pretty quiet around here lately...most of which I contribute to David staying busy with school. This afternoon David decided to liven up his studies just a little. He came out of our bedroom where he had been studying gross anatomy to show me this:
Me: How is the studying going?
Him: Good! I've been studying the nerves in the arm. To help me remember it I decided to label the nerves in my own arm. With a sharpie.
Me:(blank stare)
Him: See! Look!
Me: Did you get sharpie on our bed?
Him: Not this time.
Me: Great.
The good news is it is cold outside and he wears long sleeves to school! Hopefully, he won't continue this trend for the rest of the semester.... In other news, this is my latest temptation:
I have wanted this coat (not in this color) for several years now. Every winter, I open my JCrew catalogue and sigh. Well, on Friday I was checking out the sales on their website and there it was. On sale. With an additional 30% off. And free shipping. I could hardly contain my excitement. Until I remembered the budget. My clothing envelope is already empty for the month of January and while it is very close to February (sale ends today), it would take more than one month's clothing budget to purchase the coat. My goal for my budget is to not "spend ahead" when I can avoid it. I did that a lot last year and it did not end well. So...after much deliberation I have decided not to get it. I know it is a great price, but it will most likely go on sale again. In the mean time, I am going to set aside some of my clothing budget each month to save for the coat and a couple of other "bigger" clothing purchases I would like to make. I hope you all had a great weekend! Stay warm!
4 comments:
Blogging: Never before have so many people with so little to say said so much to so few
emily, you are stronger than me. i bought that coat while we were at State (or at least one very similar). i will say, it was a very good purchase. it's nice and warm and it just looks so professional! it instantly makes you feel more glamorous :) and as far as david's sharpie nerve tattoos, that's just one of the reasons we all love about david. but i'm glad he didn't get any sharpie on the bed ;)
I'm with Kathy, you are a better woman than me, I would have bought it too. Next time you are at an outlet mall you should look at the coats there. I got both of my Jcrew coats at the JCrew outlet and they were GREAT prices!
I love your blog and am so glad you could join the blogging world!
I too am budgeting (my latest blog post is about the subject), and I understand the notion of wanting to buy over needing. It's HARD!
Post a Comment