Wednesday, January 20, 2010

2010 Resolutions...and more!

As promised (and much anticipated, I am sure ;)), I am back with my 2010 Resolutions. I've never been much of one for making (much less keeping) resolutions, but I am giving it a shot this year and I hope to be able to share with you my progress throughout the year.

1. Be healthier. I will admit it: I love (if i knew how to make a heart symbol I would here) McDonalds. I also love regular coke and crystal light. So... my new plan for eating includes limiting my McDonalds (once every six weeks- there is one in the hospital where I work. I only eat it at work, but it is oh-so-very-good!), less coke, less artificial sweeteners, more plain water, fruits, and veggies. I am also committing myself to exercising more regularly. So far I have been using this video:



It is a pretty tough workout but it is only 20 minutes, which gives me enough motivation to do it. I am also combining it with some walking/jogging. I will keep you posted!

2. Stay on budget. I am so thankful the Lord provided me with a very disciplined husband who is quite the saver and has spent a lot of time working on our budget. I, however, am quite the spender. David decided to try me on a cash system this year for my own personal spending (clothing, gifts, etc.). Over the past 21 days I have realized how quickly and thoughtlessly I spend money. This is a tough one.

3. Spend more time in the Word. It is embarrassing to share this one because I can look back on my day and see how much time I have wasted. I also realize that right now I probably have more free time than I will ever have, considering we do not have any children. I do work full time, but my days off are just that- off. Please pray that I will be diligent in devoting myself to time in the Word.

Okay... switching gears a little here... For months I have been wanting a console table for our living room. My mom and Lamar gave us one for Christmas and I love it! However, my problem is I am not really sure what to put on it. David is of the mind that less is more, but I feel that it is lacking. Do you have any suggestions? Comments are welcomed and encouraged!

Please forgive my dying tulips and high-water curtains. They are both on my to-take-care-of list. I hope you have a happy weekend!

4 comments:

Tina Hester said...

Hey Em! I'll be praying for you as you work on your resolutions, which are similar to mine!(except the McDonald's - I HAD NO IDEA!)The table looks great - maybe a couple more pics at various heights on one side, and keep flowers there I think, it adds a little softness. Love Mom

Kathy S. said...

Em, I never pegged you as a McDonald's lover...;) First of all, I love the name of the blog! Walker has been saying that to me since Christmas - so funny. And, I love how you recapped the year. I know, I always intend to take pictures, and just never do, and time just keeps slipping by. But the picture of you and David from the beach trip is SO good - I hope we can make that an annual trip someday!
On to the console table - if you want to be practical, you could put a pretty dish there to put your keys in as you come in. But I agree with your mom that the flowers look really nice, and more pictures are always a good idea.
Also, you prob know this, but Kate has a blog too: http://karrettandbate.blogspot.com/2010/01/i-am-extern.html
Now you two make me want to start one...Hope all is well with you and David! Can't wait to see you again!

Walker said...

David is right. Less is more. To make your life easier, just remember, David is always right (your welcome David).

Anna McNeese said...

Will says the table would "do good with a little candle or somethin'" and I think tables are for puttin stuff on. We love you and have enjoyed reading your blog, sister!